Thursday, February 12, 2009

Continuing Education



There is a lot to know about real estate. A real estate sales person must take 90 hours of sales pre-license education in a classroom setting and pass several tests, in order to be an agent in Arizona. Once a person has a license, they must take an additional 24 hrs of credits in continuing education. I know when I went through real estate school, we had sold several houses of our own without a realtor. I know once I completed my schooling, I knew I would never sell another house on my own, without a realtor. If you only knew what all can go wrong. Here are some of the kinds of courses I have had to take to renew my license when it would expire next month.

What Continuing Education Credits do I need?
You must complete 24 hours of ADRE-approved Continuing Education (CE) courses every two years to renew a real estate license. Cemetery and membership camping licenses do not require continuing education credit for renewal.

Of the 24 hours required for renewal, you must obtain credit hours as indicated in EACH of the following subjects:

* Salesperson License:
Agency Law 3 hours
Contract Law 3 hours
Commissioner’s Standards 3 hours
Disclosure 3 hours
Fair Housing 3 hours
Real Estate Legal Issues 3 hours
General Real Estate 6 hours

* Broker License:
Agency Law 3 hours
Contract Law 3 hours
Broker Management Clinic * 3 hours
Disclosure 3 hours
Fair Housing ** 3 hours
Real Estate Legal Issues 3 hours
General Real Estate 6 hours

The 6 General Real Estate hours may be in any of the above categories OR General Real Estate or Business Brokerage.

If a renewal applicant is retaining the specialization in sales of businesses designation, the applicant is required to complete business brokerage courses for one-half of the credit hours prescribed by the Commissioner for license renewal.

Taken from the Arizona Department of Real Estate website.

No comments: